I am a preferred provider with Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon, Providence, Cigna, Pacific Source, and Kaiser, and able to bill most insurance plans that cover acupuncture, including MODA, United, and OHP. To determine private insurance coverage please follow these steps:
1. Call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card.
2. Ask the customer service specialist these questions:
- Does my plan cover out-of-network providers?
- What is my annual maximum for complimentary care/acupuncture services? Do I have a dollar maximum or a visit limit? Are my benefits shared with other services like chiropractic or naturopathic care?
- How much money or how many visits do I have left?
- Does my plan run on a calendar year?
- Do I need to meet a deductible to use my benefits? If yes, how much is the deductible and how much have I already met?
- Do I need a referral to use my benefits?
- What is my copay or co-insurance amount?
Understanding your health insurance coverage can be confusing. Check out this website for some more helpful resources: https://www.healthcare.gov/blog/understanding-your-health-coverage/.
I am happy to help you navigate your coverage.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Anyone injured in a motor vehicle accident (passenger, driver, pedestrian, or on bicycle) in the state of Oregon is allowed medical care for rehabilitation through your or the driver’s car insurance plan, regardless of whether or not you have individual health insurance. This includes acupuncture, you do not need a referral, and there is no cost to you while using this benefit. Please let me know if you are seeking care for an MVA and I will be happy to take care of the necessary paperwork. If available, bring the following information to your first appointment:
*the name of the insurance carrier
*the name of the insurance agent or adjuster that opened your PIP claim
*the phone number of the insurance adjuster’s office
*the policy number
*the claim number
Car accidents can be incredibly disruptive to your life. Acupuncture can be transformative for both physical and emotional trauma.